Verifying benefits and coverage is a vital part of the medical billing process to secure payments and avoid denial. A lot of times patients provide outdated health insurance information. This makes it difficult for practices to determine whether the patient is eligible for benefits without verifying with the payer.
Vee Bill makes sure to check the insurance eligibility and benefits, through the web as well as through the phone, with the insurance company regarding any payment responsibility that the patient needs to fulfill prior or post the treatment.
- Vee would be able to provide benefits and eligibility verification in almost real-time.
- Vee would access the patient demographic through fax, FTP, and Practice Management System and call the payers for patient coverage, benefits, pre-certs, and any authorization in case of any emergencies.
- Vee would also assess the reimbursement contract review depending upon the client requirement.
- If Vee Identifies any types of coverage issues prior to patient treatment, we would update the practice so that they would discuss the payment options with the patients at the time of appointment.
The details that the Vee Bill team verifies include:
- Effective date and coverage details
- Type of plan
- Payable benefits
- Claims mailing address
- Referrals & pre-authorizations
- Pre-existing clause
- Life time maximum
- Other related information
This information is collected and verified before the patient appointment date as it helps in getting referrals, prior authorization numbers, and optimizing the billing process, as well as preventing denials due to invalid benefits and eligibility reasons.
Once the verification process is completed and the patient visits the healthcare provider, treatments are generated.
Read more on VeeBill Advantage.